ACRS is the best value registration service with a 1-year registration costing $35 and a 3-year registration costing $88.All cabling work, including telephone, data, fire and security alarm systems cabling, that connects or is intended to connect with the telecommunications network must be performed by a registered cabler, or under the direct supervision of a registered cabler. All registered cablers are required to undertake appropriate training modules to ensure that they are competent to perform the cabling work according to the Wiring Rules, which ensure safety to consumers, cablers and the network. ACMA requirements regarding registration So you want to become a registered cabler?
How to become a registered cablerTo become a registered cabler you will need to undertake the requisite training course for the type of cabling registration that you are seeking – Open or Restricted registration. The relevant work experience & OHS/WHS requirement. Pathways to ACMA – Cabling Provider Rules Work Experience Requirements For an Open Registration, you will need 360 hours of work experience Restricted Registration you will need 80 hours work experience. Supply one of the following to cover the work experience requirement:
- An experience statement signed by a Registered Cabler or
- A copy of your Electrical Licence or
- A statutory declaration detailing your experience
- A copy of the Official Statement of attainment issued by an RTO
- OHS/WHS requirement.
- Evidence of your experience (see above)
- Open – permits you to do any telecommunications customer cabling installation, maintenance or repair work in a commercial, industrial or residential application that doesn’t involve specialised cabling, i.e. Structured (Cat 5/6/7 etc), Optical-fibre, or Coax cabling. To work on any of these specialised cabling types, you will need the corresponding competency (see below), or under the direct supervision of an Open Registered Cabler who has the applicable competencies.
- Restricted – permits any telecommunications customer cabling installation, maintenance or repair work in the residential (home or small office) that doesn’t involve specialised cabling, i.e. Structured (Cat 5/6/7 etc), Optical-fibre, or Co-axial cabling. In a residential application, these specialised cabling works can be performed with a Broadband competency, or performed under the direct supervision of an Open Registered Cabler who has the applicable competencies.
- Lift – permits any telecommunications customer cabling installation, maintenance or repair work in relation to lifts.
- Structured Cabling
- Optical Fibre cabling
- Coaxial Cabling
- Underground Cabling
- Aerial Cabling
Renewing or updating your cabling registration
You can renew online or send your renewal form via email firstname.lastname@example.org fax: 02 9744 3928 or mail: Locked Bag 1818, St Leonards, New South Wales, Australia 1590 in with your payment and any additional documents to be added to your registration. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the ACRS office on 1300 667 771.